The Team Based Learning Collaborative (TBLC) is offering a unique opportunity to learn about team-based learning at their regional workshop in Seattle, Washington.
TBL Regional Workshops
This all day session will offer 2 workshops:
This is the single best introduction to TBL. It is conducted in a TBL format, participants must prepare ahead, take an IRAT, and engage actively with their assigned team members. The structure, process, and essential characteristics of an effective TBL module are emphasized.
At the end of this workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental principles that foster active learning in small groups
- Identify the key elements of TBL
- Appreciate the value of “backward design”
- Define the 4S approach to effective in-class applications
- Identify barriers to implementation and strategize solutions
Creating an Effective TBL Module
This workshop is for educators who have completed the introductory workshop on Team-Based Learning™ – TBL 101. The entire workshop is conducted in a TBL format and there is an advance assignment.
Participants will practice and develop skills for creating effective Team-Based Learning modules by participating in the following activities:
- a clarification of the process and importance of readiness assurance
- a differentiation of the levels and types of application exercise questions
- an opportunity to practice writing objectives for an application exercise writing an application exercise and comparing and contrasting the application exercises of others.
Saturday, October 10, 2015
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
HILTON SEATTLE AIRPORT & CONFERENCE CENTER
GRIPE Admin Team