Please contact us with your current position openings!
Posted on 2/20/2019:
Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s leading academic physician search firm, has partnered with Augusta University (UA) and the University of Georgia (UGA) to conduct a search for a dynamic Pathologist Educator. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic MD/DO who is passionate about medical education, and seeking to join a unique faculty environment with an innovative approach to teaching pathology and histopathology across the first two years of the medical curriculum.
The Opportunity – Welcome to the Future of Medical Education
• Dynamic partnership of two state institutions plus a supportive medical community equals an unparalleled opportunity to better educate future physicians
• The UA/UGA Medical Partnership combines the significant instructional and research capabilities
• Teach primarily in the pre-clinical curriculum of years one and two, but opportunity to serve across all four years
• The environment emphasizes an innovative mix of small group learning, heavy student/teacher interaction, as well as larger group interactive sessions
• Excellent compensation with rich state benefits to include an attractive retirement plan and an incredible dependent college tuition assistance plan (send your student anywhere at UGA state tuition cost)
The Ideal Candidate – Do you have a love of teaching?
• Must be an M.D. or D.O. residency trained, board certified pathologist, with experience teaching in medical education programs; preference given to candidates with a commitment to educational research.
• Evidence of teaching excellence is essential, and experience with case-based and active learning methods in both small and large group settings is desired
• Seeking passionate, team-oriented teachers who share their excitement in continuing to build this dynamic and innovative educational program.
Athens Georgia – America’s Best College Town – An Unparalleled Setting
• Location, Location, Location – less than 70 miles northeast of Atlanta, Georgia’s significant cultural, shopping, dining, and recreational amenities & Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport; less than 4 hours away from both the mountains and beaches
• A quintessential college town, with a lively restored Victorian-era downtown bustling with locally owned shops, world-class dining, and nightlife
• Big-time sports and home of the University of Georgia Bulldogs; thriving music scene and birthplace of R.E.M., the B-52’s, and the Drive-by Truckers
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Steve Bible at email@example.com or at (866) 826-1217 and reference PATH-97344