Please contact us with your current position openings!
Posted on 09/29/2017:
Pathology Educator – Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine
The Department of Physiology, Pharmacology and Pathology at the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Pathology at either the assistant professor or associate professor rank. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or other terminal degree in pathology or a closely related field. Candidates with a terminal clinical degree (DO, MD) are encouraged to apply. Highly desired candidates will have experience teaching pathology and/or pathophysiology within a medical or graduate health-sciences program. Successful candidates will also be expected to participate in team-based, large and small group learning, provide service to the college and professional communities, and engage in innovative scholarship.
ARCOM is located in Fort Smith, Arkansas, the second largest city in the state, which is situated between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains. Fort Smith was recently named the #1 city for the lowest cost of living in the US by Kiplinger. ARCOM offers competitive salaries and a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, employee assistant program and a 401(k) with employer contributions. Other benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and an attractive paid holiday schedule. ARCOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Terminal degree (PhD) in Pathology or a clinical field (DO, MD).
- For Assistant Professor, minimum of two years (2) of successful teaching experience as an instructor or course coordinator/director of a relevant scientific discipline at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Demonstrated productivity and contribution (e.g. presentations, publications, patents, etc.) to a relevant professional field.
- Possess skills necessary to contribute to the establishment and formation of a Department of Physiology, Pharmacology and Pathology at a new medical school.
- Post-doctoral experience in a biomedical research setting.
- Established track record of directing/overseeing student trainees at the undergraduate or graduate level within a research setting.
- Terminal degree (PhD) in Physiology or a closely related field.
- For Assistant Professor, two years (2) academic experience as a full time faculty member at a College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Allopathic Medicine, College of Health or Allied Sciences. Appointments at the Associate or Professor level will depend on previous experience.
- Excellent leadership and administrative skills, a demonstrated record of faculty mentorship and involvement in faculty development, and experience in medical and/or graduate education.
- Experience in the development and implementation of courses in pharmacology, physiology and pathophysiology and related topics and demonstrated excellence in delivering course content to medical students.
- Experience in team-based learning approaches to instruction.
ARCOM is an EEO employer and offers a competitive compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, EAP, 401(k), and a generous plan for vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject line.