The time is again upon us for the GRIPE Photo Contest!
Photos will be accepted in the following categories:
- GROSS (e.g., specimens, clinical photographs, imaging studies, etc.)
- MICRO (e.g., sections, cytology, peripheral blood smears, etc.)
- OTHER (e.g., EM, immunofluorescence, karyotypes, culture plates, hemoglobin electrophoresis, flow cytometry graphs, etc.)
Photos will be judged on the following criteria:
- Clarity of Illustration (good example, well prepared specimen)
- Photographic Excellence (good lighting, nondistracting background, etc)
- Usefulness for teaching medical students
- Does the slide help fill gaps in the GRIPE photo collection
Contributors of photos accepted for entry into the GRIPE Photo Bank will receive a Certificate of Charitable Contribution.
All entries must be original 35mm color transparencies or digital images with a minimum resolution of 768 x 512 and must be in either JPG or TIFF format. There is no limit to the number of entries per person. Please label all images with the name of the entrant, the organ, and the diagnosis and return the completed Contributor Agreement Form posted online here with your entries.
All photos are submitted with the understanding that they may be used and distributed as part of the GRIPE Photo Bank. Contributors retain copyright control of the accepted images.
Submission deadline: January 15, 2017
Judging will take place at the Winter 2017 GRIPE Meeting, held at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Orlando, Florida, USA. Judges will be members of the GRIPE Photo Bank Committee.
Please click here for the submission form.